Lighting Heating controller

If you see wires, but still have your hands clean, that's the right forum.
Répondre
Thomas 309
Membre GL
Membre GL
Modèle(s) 309 : Graffic

Lighting Heating controller

Message par Thomas 309 » 14 août 2009, 12:15

Hello,

so I start the first thread in this part of the forum :D . I have a problem with my heating controllers. Since I have canged my instrument panel in May (it had several cracks) the lighting of them doesn´t work. The light bulbs are OK. Is there any cable at this white thing where the controllers are fastened? And if so, where exactly it must be re-inserted at this white thing?
Here an picture of the thing I mean (in the red circle):
Heizungsteil.JPG
I hope it can be fixed easily, I don´t want to see my interior in this way again :hehe: .

Gruß Thomas

My vehicles:

PEUGEOT 309 Graffic 1992
Wartburg 353S 1987
Nissan Leaf e+ 62 kWh 2021
SIMSON Schwalbe KR51/1
SIMSON SR50 B4

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT
Modèle(s) 309 : SL - GTI

Re: Lighting Heating controller

Message par alargeau » 16 août 2009, 15:07

If I understand correctly, you changed your dashboard and since then the two bulbs which are connected to the ventilation circuit board don't work anymore? Right? Did you check that you didn't break or damage a conductive trace?
Rejoignez notre association et bénéficiez d'avantages sur les pièces détachées - Join us and enjoy great deals on any part you want!

Thomas 309
Membre GL
Membre GL

Message par Thomas 309 » 16 août 2009, 19:26

Yes, I changed the dashboard. Everything works like before, the only thing that doesn´t work since that time is the light. Hmm, I had only pulled the controllers and took off the cover (two screws solved). That was all that I have made with the ventilation circuit board. I dont know if I have damaged any conductive trace, but I dont think so because I didn´t touch the front of the board. Can I also have a cable demolished? Where does the electricity for the bulbs come from?
Oh, very bad English, I know... but I hope you can understand it. It´s difficult to find the right words with this technical things. But the German people didn´t have any idea what the problem is, so this forum is the last chance before I must go to PEUGEOT-garage (but they also have no ideas with those old cars :pleur4: ).

Gruß Thomas

My vehicles:

PEUGEOT 309 Graffic 1992
Wartburg 353S 1987
SIMSON Schwalbe KR51/1
SIMSON SR50 B4

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT

Message par alargeau » 17 août 2009, 01:45

You are talking about lights that don't work but are we only talking about the ventilation bulbs? If yes, there are only two bulbs and both are powered with the same cable. Actually, there is only one cable that powers the circuit board and it's a 5-pin cable. If you remove the ventilation plastic, you'll be able to see the connections and the first two power the bulbs, no matter the circuit board you have (B or C). I took a picture of my previous circuit board to show you. As you can see from the picture, I circled the connectors that power the bulbs:

Make sure the 5-pin connector is correctly inserted from the back. If it is, and if you have a multimeter, turn the headlights on and control that you have power at both connectors. In order to have access to the back of the circuit board, you don't need to unscrew it, just remove the plastic cover which is between the ventilation plastic and the stereo and which can't be seen at first. It is situated here:

PS: I posted a message in our French forum so we can think with more than two brains. The more we are, the faster your problem will be solved. ;-)
Rejoignez notre association et bénéficiez d'avantages sur les pièces détachées - Join us and enjoy great deals on any part you want!

thefunkyboy
RESP. SORTIES
RESP. SORTIES

Message par thefunkyboy » 17 août 2009, 02:03

I also changed it on my 309 bestline, but I have some electric trouble too... but because of a short cut I think (my car was stolen and a part of the cables is brocken).

For your problem, are you sure that the wire which goes on the top of the dashboard, and ended in the compartiment of the right, permits to lighten the light that it includes?

If not, the trouble seems to be here.

Good luck ;)
GB:
http://www.peugeot309.net/En/Forum/sear ... d=newposts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT

Message par alargeau » 17 août 2009, 02:07

If I understood correctly what Thomas told us, the only bulbs that don't work are the ones attached to the ventilation circuit board.

SRDTURBO
SUPPORT
SUPPORT
Modèle(s) 309 : SRDturbo

Message par SRDTURBO » 17 août 2009, 16:51

:ange:
NOUVELLE 309: TOUJOURS PARTANTE!

Thomas 309
Membre GL
Membre GL

Message par Thomas 309 » 18 août 2009, 11:57

Hello,

thank you very much for your answers and your efforts. I will first check the cable which brings the power to the circuit board for the bulbs. It is possible that I had accidentally removed it when changing the dashboard. If not, I will use the multimeter.
I register again if I have made it.

Gruß Thomas

My vehicles:

PEUGEOT 309 Graffic 1992
Wartburg 353S 1987
SIMSON Schwalbe KR51/1
SIMSON SR50 B4

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT

Message par alargeau » 28 août 2009, 02:35

So no news from you... Does it mean the problem's solved?

Thomas 309
Membre GL
Membre GL

Message par Thomas 309 » 28 août 2009, 19:21

Hello,

I had no time the last weeks - I was just only at work. But today I had time to look for my problem - but I was unsuccessful :( . I took out the radio and looked for a loose cable but there was none to be found. Then I took off the panel to get to the board, but it was very closely and so I could see nothing. There were the Hoists and I saw a black cable that came from the direction of Speedo, but I think it was not loose. So it should work... I have also checked the fuses but they all were O.K. I think I have to live with the problem :snif:

My vehicles:

PEUGEOT 309 Graffic 1992
Wartburg 353S 1987
SIMSON Schwalbe KR51/1
SIMSON SR50 B4

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT

Message par alargeau » 29 août 2009, 17:34

Hello Thomas!
You don't need to remove the stereo. You can have access to the connector here:

You just have to remove the small plastic part and you'll see the connector:

The first two wires are the ones which power the bulbs. You need to look at the diagram SRDTurbo posted.

Thomas 309
Membre GL
Membre GL

Message par Thomas 309 » 29 août 2009, 20:20

Man, am I stupid. As I analyze the half-car and still need to take out only the little plastic bezel. So I couldn´t see the connector, I didnt´t look at this place. I suspected a loose connector behind the radio had come down.
Thank you very much for your tip and pictures, so I will look again next week when I have time. I also will use the diagram SRDTurbo posted.

My vehicles:

PEUGEOT 309 Graffic 1992
Wartburg 353S 1987
SIMSON Schwalbe KR51/1
SIMSON SR50 B4

Répondre