weird start problem

If your hands are dirty, that's the forum you should post in.
Répondre
R0xXx0R
Membre GE
Membre GE
Modèle(s) 309 : GTI16

weird start problem

Message par R0xXx0R » 28 mai 2011, 00:52

after driving around 200 km/h and some sprinting if i turn of the engine sometimes it won't start and the car has to be push started. Starter doesn't make a sound so first time i thought my starter was dead but no.
last year we replaced the module, i think the module itself gets to hot so it won't give on the signal to the injection.
anyway engine temp is normal when driving it keeps oil at 90 and engine at 72 ( according to the dash )
even thought about making extra heat dispersion holes in the bonnet.

but my question is... is there some1 here with similar problems with there GTI16 ?
if so or if someone knows a solution then please share it cause it's kinda hard when ur alone and you have to push it to get it going.

sorry if this had to be placed in the electrical section but i just don't know what is causing this

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT
Modèle(s) 309 : SL - GTI

Re: weird start problem

Message par alargeau » 28 mai 2011, 09:53

Hi there,
Did you check the battery connectors? It's quite a stupid suggestion because I guess you have, but I had a similar problem with my GTI. When the car was hot, it was impossible to start it again and I had to wait 5 minutes or sometimes some hours so I could start it again. There was a loose connector, which wasn't so loose (that didn't draw my attention at first) but I noticed there was no power at all (no sound with the key, nor anything else). I kept searching on the ignition system and it was a loose connector at the battery... :cote:
Rejoignez notre association et bénéficiez d'avantages sur les pièces détachées - Join us and enjoy great deals on any part you want!

R0xXx0R
Membre GE
Membre GE
Modèle(s) 309 : GTI16

Re: weird start problem

Message par R0xXx0R » 29 mai 2011, 15:53

the thing is the car's ice works normally all the gauges work but after sprinting some cars and then having to push start it again makes them wonder did that car beat me...

Répondre