Tyres brands: how to choose?

We wondered what name we could give to this forum and then we stopped thinking.
Répondre
thefunkyboy
RESP. SORTIES
RESP. SORTIES

Tyres brands: how to choose?

Message par thefunkyboy » 23 avr. 2011, 00:14

Hi everybody,

I am planning to buy new tires on my car and i am wondering on the quality of the brand BARUM. In fact, Barum is a brand of Continental and it seems to be chosen as the first tire mount on BMW models coming from Germany.

But in France, it is very seldom to find a car with this brand.

I hesitate between:
- Continental Premium Contact 2
- Uniroyal Rainexpert
- Barum Bravuris 2

... because I have good prices on them ^^

Thanks for your help
GB:
http://www.peugeot309.net/En/Forum/sear ... d=newposts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

missa91
Membre SX
Membre SX
Modèle(s) 309 : GR

Re: Tyres brands: how to choose?

Message par missa91 » 24 avr. 2011, 02:09

I personally have tried Barum Polaris 2 and Bravuris 2. Both are good tires, but I think that the Bravuris is too hard and despite it having good grip, I would always look into Continental. With EcoConti I was very very pleased.

Also I have driven Semperit and can honestly say that they have excellent tires. And our local tire manufacturer Tigar (the owner is Michelin) has great summer tires for really a small price (one set lasted on my grandfather's car more than 80k km).

But I advise you go with Continental, they are really really great!

P.S. for the Bravuris 2 I paid like 35-38eur a tire, and for the Continental more than 54eur. The difference isn't without reason.
309 GTI 8V 5-Door Phase 2

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT
Modèle(s) 309 : SL - GTI

Message par alargeau » 24 avr. 2011, 09:47

I have the Barum Bravuris 2 on my GTI and I will certainly go for the same model on my SL. The ratio price/quality is one of the best and they are very good tires.
Rejoignez notre association et bénéficiez d'avantages sur les pièces détachées - Join us and enjoy great deals on any part you want!

thefunkyboy
RESP. SORTIES
RESP. SORTIES

Message par thefunkyboy » 24 avr. 2011, 19:53

If you can test them in sport's''condition or wet condition,i am interested. I can pay them for 60€,more and less
GB:
http://www.peugeot309.net/En/Forum/sear ... d=newposts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Répondre