Refabrication of quartet bleu

We wondered what name we could give to this forum and then we stopped thinking.
Répondre
elVincent
Membre GE
Membre GE
Modèle(s) 309 : Gti16

Refabrication of quartet bleu

Message par elVincent » 05 juin 2012, 16:04

Hey there,

since the interior of my Gti16 isn’t perfect anymore I was looking for a solution considering the blue checkered fabric of the seats. There seems to be no possibility to find something similar and I guess I won’t have to tell that there’s no possibility getting the material at Peugeot either.
It was really by chance that I found a guy who is reproducing the fabrics for red and green checkered seats of 205 Gtis. After I had asked him if it would be possible to do the same for the blue checkered material of the Gti16 seats I received a positive reply. Of course it’s clear that it won’t be affordable to do this for a very small amount of material so the minimum to be cost efficient is the material for about 25 sets of 309 Gti16 seats.
Now I’m looking for other people who are interested in this kind of material to refurbish their fantastic and original seats. The total cost for one set of seats will be around 120€ plus shipping. The final numbers can be slightly different since the seats are not yet measured so the final required surface area isn’t fixed yet.
I’m going to send one seat cover as a sample to the guy who will do the production. Then we are going to decide about the color that suits best. If we have collected enough orders till then, the production starts and about three weeks later you will have your brand new “quartet bleu”.
I would really be happy if there were some of you that are as enthusiastic as me about this possibility. Who knows if it will come again?

Here are some pictures of the green and red checkered material:

These are the different greens where the right one had to be chosen:

The red material after 5 months daily use on an office chair:

Regards
Holger

P.S. I will also try to translate the text to french, just takes me some time ;-)

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT
Modèle(s) 309 : SL - GTI

Re: Refabrication of quartet bleu

Message par alargeau » 05 juin 2012, 19:46

Hi!
It's a very interesting topic and I guess some people would be interested too. I think the main issue is to be sure the fabric is 100% identical to the original one. When looking at the pictures, it doesn't seem to be identical. I may be wrong, but I think people don't want something that looks like the original fabric, they want something that IS the original fabric. The pictures show something that is quite different from the original fabric.
But once again, the topic is very interesting and you should definitely keep us informed about future updates.
Rejoignez notre association et bénéficiez d'avantages sur les pièces détachées - Join us and enjoy great deals on any part you want!

Ace_Rimmer
Membre GL
Membre GL
Modèle(s) 309 : XLD,XSI

Message par Ace_Rimmer » 05 juin 2012, 21:25

You sure you cant find another person who can make this fabric?
I mean,25 sets is a lot,this is an 309 forum where is the biggest concentration of this car and i dont think even here are 25 309s who needs fabric.
Dont get me wrong,but i think he s asking too much of you,to gather 25 pieces.

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT

Message par alargeau » 05 juin 2012, 21:30

Well, I don't really think 25 is a lot. Actually, I think it's okay.
Rejoignez notre association et bénéficiez d'avantages sur les pièces détachées - Join us and enjoy great deals on any part you want!

elVincent
Membre GE
Membre GE
Modèle(s) 309 : Gti16

Message par elVincent » 05 juin 2012, 22:22

I'm waiting for a sample of the red/black checkered Gti fabric. The first thing i'm going to do with it is comparing itwith an original Gti seat. I will take a picture to show how good it fits.

In my optinion 25 is a pretty fair number. Up to now three persons have orderered seven sets. So almost 30% done :-)

Regards
Holger

Ace_Rimmer
Membre GL
Membre GL
Modèle(s) 309 : XLD,XSI

Message par Ace_Rimmer » 06 juin 2012, 10:47

Ok,maybe 25 isnt too much,i hope you will gather 25 sets :super:
keep us posted,especially pics

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT

Message par alargeau » 10 juin 2012, 00:55

By the way, you should also think about providing the black velours fabric because it fades out and becomes blue by the time. The perfect solution would be to sell a complete set which consists of seat covers anyone could simply just put on. You just remove your old seat covers, and put the new ones on instead. Even if it would be a bit more expensive and would need some work (fabrics need to be cut to dimensions and sewed together), it would definitely be the perfect solution. Because I can't imagine sewing new red quartet fabric to an old black/blueish velours and a professional would ask for quite some money. Plus anyone can do that.

Répondre