Overheating but temp normal. Help!

If your hands are dirty, that's the forum you should post in.
Répondre
missa91
Membre SX
Membre SX
Modèle(s) 309 : GR

Overheating but temp normal. Help!

Message par missa91 » 09 nov. 2015, 20:39

So I have a DKZ engine, It is running fine, no misfire, opening thermostat, engine temp 80-82 degrees, fan kicks on at 89-91 degrees. Coolant not missing.

When driving nothing happens out of the ordinary, but if I stand still with the engine running for more than a minute or two, the high temperature warning light comes on as does the stop light. But the engine temp is showing normal. The oil pressure is at 1,5-2bar idling. So its not oil pressure related and oil temp stays normal not even reaching 90 degrees.

Also, after driving about 20minutes or so you stop and turn off the engine. Then after 2-3 minutes you start it up again and the high temp light is on, stays so until you drive another 2-3 minutes.

I know there are three temp sensors. Two are 1 pin and another 2 pin model. The 2 pin is used for cold start and fuel mixture, one 1 pin is used for the gauge and the third 1 pin is used on the cylinder head.

I'm afraid the cylinder head is overheating. Can anybody try and help me please?!
309 GTI 8V 5-Door Phase 2

SRDTURBO
SUPPORT
SUPPORT
Modèle(s) 309 : SRDturbo

Re: Overheating but temp normal. Help!

Message par SRDTURBO » 11 nov. 2015, 23:29

Water temp and oil temp gauges are OK so it's probably just the warning light sensor, also if the engine was really oveheating the fan would be on all the time.
NOUVELLE 309: TOUJOURS PARTANTE!

missa91
Membre SX
Membre SX
Modèle(s) 309 : GR

Message par missa91 » 12 nov. 2015, 02:43

Have you heard of any restrictions that happen? Like thermostat not fully opening, you get my point.
Cylinder head overheating, but really hot water not getting to the radiator. I will replace all sensors, hope it clears the issue, but since the light comes on when idling, so low circulation of coolant at that moment, I think it could be that the sensor is giving adequate readings. Will post back when sensors replaced.
309 GTI 8V 5-Door Phase 2

SRDTURBO
SUPPORT
SUPPORT
Modèle(s) 309 : SRDturbo

Message par SRDTURBO » 14 nov. 2015, 15:02

You need to check this but the first scenario is that the switch that command the warning light is somewat faulty, the other scenario is that both the sensor from the temperature gauge and the thermostat have a problem at the same time.
NOUVELLE 309: TOUJOURS PARTANTE!

Répondre