New coming !

La présentation est obligatoire. Le forum vous sera ouvert une fois que vous vous serez présenté.
You must introduce yourself in order to access our forums.
alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT
Modèle(s) 309 : SL - GTI

Re: New coming !

Message par alargeau » 12 sept. 2009, 11:10

Then you have the same engine as my 309 SL. That's a 1294cc Simca engine developing 64hp. I don't have the temperature indicator on the clocks and I know no car fitted with that engine which have one. Thus, I can't tell you exactly if the temperature is good or not. What I can tell you though is that the radiator starts only when the car is in a traffic congestion or has driven a long way. That could be an indication for you.
The engine you have is certainly the toughest, it's really undestructible but be careful 'cause contrary to you, I find my car to heat up very slowly.
Rejoignez notre association et bénéficiez d'avantages sur les pièces détachées - Join us and enjoy great deals on any part you want!

Thomas 309
Membre GL
Membre GL
Modèle(s) 309 : Graffic

Message par Thomas 309 » 12 sept. 2009, 18:12

Hello,

I have the 1361 ccm TU3M engine with 75 hp. The regular temperature when the engine is warm is between 85 and 90°C. At 90°C the fan begins to run and gets off at ~85°C. This is normal. At 110°C the STOP-light comes. Then it is too much, but to 90°C all is good.
My engine is warm very quickly, too. It must have ~3 litre water, this is not much and so it´s warm quickly.
My other car, an Diesel-engined Mercedes, needs a long time to get warm, so 10 km is minimum. And the oil is then just at 50°C, it needs good 15 km to get at 90°C. But it has 6 litre of water and oil.

Regards, Thomas

My vehicles:

PEUGEOT 309 Graffic 1992
Wartburg 353S 1987
Nissan Leaf e+ 62 kWh 2021
SIMSON Schwalbe KR51/1
SIMSON SR50 B4

Julien
Membre GE
Membre GE

Message par Julien » 12 sept. 2009, 20:37

Hello folks !

Thanks for your replies !
Been back to the car seller; the engine is the talbot one, 1.2 L, and it appears to have a small problem on the cooler liquid system. In english this is gonna be tough !
In front of the car looking at the engine, right under the windscreen at the middle a little on the right, there's a "temperature exchanger"; sort of small black ball with many flexibles coming in and out.
This bowl has a crack, that's why i had to but liquid every 4/5 days, and suppose that maybe because of it, there was no pressure enough for the engine to be cooled as supposed to be.
Now i'll try to find a new one monday, then i'll see.
The car is a GR from 1986, i doubt that any of the owners changed anything on it's equipment.( One was a Gendarme ) I'm even the first to have put a radio inside...
I really have to think about taking a picture or two.
A nice time for all !

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT

Message par alargeau » 13 sept. 2009, 16:56

I don't see what you're talking about but have you checked the car doesn't leak? If you've got to refill every 4/5 days, you definitely have a leak somewhere. Anyway, this is the only big problem those engines can have but that's quite easy to fix whatever the problem.

By the way, yes, you definitely have to take pics of your car and post a topic in the "309 Showroom" section... I'm waiting for your pics... :cote:
Rejoignez notre association et bénéficiez d'avantages sur les pièces détachées - Join us and enjoy great deals on any part you want!

Julien
Membre GE
Membre GE

Message par Julien » 07 oct. 2009, 21:13

Hello anyone reading !

Yeah, back from the dead... After a while...
Who cares anyway. I've mend what was wrong with the cooling liquid system. Still have a trouble with the " reniflard " shit little green stuff I'll change in a few days. The car is ok. Love it. Trouble is it drinks just like me; a little too much. I'm used to 4.5 l' 205. Say 5 l to be honest.
Changed of size, changed of dayly cost...
Pics will wait, mine doesn't look as good as yours, and dayly works. Beeing a little more attentive about 309, i see there's not so much left in my place. Who can be interested in, a colleague of mine has a scoop ( red) for sale, 1 "cardan " to be changed; 500 Euro, about 200 00 kms; The guy loves 2ch and has 6 of them. Place and money is he looking for. A wine grower, not a bad one. ( The guy, not the wine...)
Nice time for you all.

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT

Message par alargeau » 07 oct. 2009, 23:26

Nice to see you here again! ('cause we care)
Yes, the G1 engine does like petrol but you shouldn't get over 7 liters, which is quite high actually. With mine, I get a 6,2 l/100 kms average and I once got less than 6 litres (on the motorway). But the 309 weights more than the 205 so it does consume more too.
I don't see many 309s either but I often see a 309 SRDTurbo which is beautiful, with no dents. Quite impressive actually.
We'll wait for the pictures and hope that someday, you'll have enough time to take some.

Répondre