New coming !

La présentation est obligatoire. Le forum vous sera ouvert une fois que vous vous serez présenté.
You must introduce yourself in order to access our forums.
Julien
Membre GE
Membre GE

New coming !

Message par Julien » 21 août 2009, 19:52

Hello anyone reading !

I'm a french one, and about to buy me a 309, said to be old ( about 20 ) and not lot of kms ( 120 000 )
I've had 2 205 and very satisfied of, big diesel and small gasoline, the supposed next 309 with a small gasoline. These after 3 renault, also satisfied of but less than my 205's.
Choice is the car is bigger, but still cheap, as well as for to buy as for to keep.I'm not a silver spoon born one, but run about 30 000 to 35 000 kms per year and await to have my hand on its wheel. So does my dog.
What is to look carefully at, and what is to be to foresee for an 120 000 kms car ? 205 were weak by the back rolling system ( forgive my weak technical english ) best said the stuff holding the back wheels.
Be back soon if the car is pleasant enough to be bought !

XTSI
Membre GE
Membre GE

Re: New coming !

Message par XTSI » 22 août 2009, 20:50

Julien a écrit :Hello anyone reading !

Choice is the car is bigger, but still cheap, as well as for to buy as for to keep.I'm not a silver spoon born one, but run about 30 000 to 35 000 kms per year and await to have my hand on its wheel. So does my dog.
Welcome here! but what the hell do you mean with the above 8/ 8/

grtz, Mark
La brigade bleu

Julien
Membre GE
Membre GE

Message par Julien » 23 août 2009, 10:43

Hello Mark !

What do i mean by what ?

I don't earn a lot, need a reliable car to go often with, been without for weeks and already too long, and my dog likes cars. It's a "she", and i'll try to make the story short. We used to live in a small village, now i moved in town with the dog. And kept taking her out out of town. For days she's been sadly rambling in streets within cars and buildings, scarce grass and not a rabbit to run after. Even not a mouse hole to dig ! She looked for the car for days.
we've seen the 309 yesterday; i'll take it, and i'm quite convinced that when she saw me trying it, she thought it was ours.

XTSI
Membre GE
Membre GE

Message par XTSI » 23 août 2009, 11:28

Ah! Now you make sense!
Already bought the 309? Get us some pics, then :mrgreen:

grtz, Mark
La brigade bleu

thefunkyboy
RESP. SORTIES
RESP. SORTIES

Message par thefunkyboy » 25 août 2009, 02:10

Welcome in the place Julien :)
GB:
http://www.peugeot309.net/En/Forum/sear ... d=newposts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Julien
Membre GE
Membre GE

Message par Julien » 25 août 2009, 20:40

Thanks !
I've bought the car yesterday. The dog is very happy. Just dunno if you 've read about the whole story. See with Marck from denmark.
It's nice enough for a 22 years old car, little rost where expected, 127000 Kms and nice sounding. No direction problems as far as i can see, but it's been 2 years since the car didn't moove. Tires and battery changed, what else could i expect for 800 Euros ( in the rich place i live in...)
I can't say i'm in love with 309, but i really appreciate Peugeot ( had 2 205 before ) let's see what life is with this one. I allready can say the change is worth it, i feel like driving a " real" car, just dunno how much it will cost; insurrance is yet something else!! Anyway, i'm happy an think to be looking for the next year's birthday event present. I'm allready proud of my old grand'ma !!

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT
Modèle(s) 309 : SL - GTI

Message par alargeau » 27 août 2009, 22:43

Hi there Julien and welcome in here!
Don't hesitate to show us your car in the "309 showroom" section and tell us a little bit more.
Engines fitted in both the 205 and 309 are just the most reliable I've every seen.
Nice having you here! :merci:
And don't forget that we also have a French forum.
Rejoignez notre association et bénéficiez d'avantages sur les pièces détachées - Join us and enjoy great deals on any part you want!

Julien
Membre GE
Membre GE

Message par Julien » 28 août 2009, 16:36

Hi everybody !

Thanks for your attention!
I've had a look at the showroom okay. I'll try to take some pictures to present my "poussette"; but well, it's a 309, you all know about it all. Old grey sun burned, idem for plastics; four wheels, five doors. I'll go to a carscrapper i know saturday to get some parts i've noticed to change ( allready costed me a vodka bottle, i knew i was to come to him... )
My engine is 1.4 L i believe, say i just don't care. I carry various things, go to various places and usualy have my dog with, all i expect from a car is to do so with as few complications as possible and still look presentable. Peugeot are the best for my use till today.
I sometimes have 5 or 6 dogs in my car; fridges or sofas, wood for chemny, cases to delivery ( i work in a distillery ) mopeds an others old hips, my cars have life to live.The more they help me do, the more i love them. Don't care about racing, tunning, make it look like a GTI or so on. Keep it clean, good mechanic and ready to go.
I've seen there's a french forum; but voilà, they care about performance, looking like GTI, latin relation with car...If i come with my five sicks dogs (after a good mud party), the whole troop in the 309 with an old empty brandy barrel still droping, they'll just call me Maurice. Please don't count me in.
Anyway i need to practice my english.
Have a nice time you all !

Julien
Membre GE
Membre GE

Message par Julien » 28 août 2009, 16:43

I forgot about the horse stuff. Very stinking material i say.
Please don't call me Maurice. ( I love it )

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT

Message par alargeau » 29 août 2009, 01:51

Hello Maurice! :hehe:
You're totally wrong about the French forum, there are plenty of people with non-GTI cars and actually GTI owners are not so many... Anyway, don't hesitate if you've got an issue with your car, we're always here to help and we will be pleaed to do so.
Rejoignez notre association et bénéficiez d'avantages sur les pièces détachées - Join us and enjoy great deals on any part you want!

Julien
Membre GE
Membre GE

Message par Julien » 01 sept. 2009, 18:40

Hello people !
Ive dedicated a little time to the car today.
Good huge wash out and inside, discovered my windscreens wern't tainted; a little plastic restorer all over in an out, liquid levels, tires pressure, grease on doors, windscreen washers (Don't know how to say that in english...)
The paint is still sun burned.
And rost at the bottom close to the back whells. (les longerons...)
Feel happy, like the size of it, the feeling while driving.
Appears to drink something like 7 L/100kms in both city and road use; but this is to be confirmed.
Nice time to you all.

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT

Message par alargeau » 06 sept. 2009, 20:13

What engine do you have in it? Is it the 1.3 Simca one?

Julien
Membre GE
Membre GE

Message par Julien » 07 sept. 2009, 21:23

Hello everyone !

I've got a question. That's the first car i have that has an engine temperature indicator. What does yours usualy shows ? Mine doesn't wait more than 10 mns to get to 90° celsius, it appears high to me. No red light and the ventilator switches right in, but still am i a litlle worried about that.
I drive like a Senator, and with this one still never more than 95/100 Kms/hr, better said ever 2500/3000 tr/mns. ( 2 weeks, 1000 kms, satisfied but not comfident...not yet.)
What do you say about that ?

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT

Message par alargeau » 09 sept. 2009, 09:06

It really depends on the engine you've got. With my 309 GTI, the 1.9 is hot very quickly and the engine temperature is around 80-90°C in approximately 10 minutes (and I drive like my grand-pa :mrgreen: ).

Julien
Membre GE
Membre GE

Message par Julien » 09 sept. 2009, 18:27

Hello Alargeau !

I just don't know the kind of engine i have...
The car is from 1986, 6 cv fiscaux, type 10AG12, i have nothing else on the car paper.Maybe on the engine itself ?

Répondre