[Ace-Rimmer] Peugeot 309 XLD

La présentation de votre (ou vos) 309 doit se faire ici.
alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT
Modèle(s) 309 : SL - GTI

Re: [Ace-Rimmer] Peugeot 309 XLD

Message par alargeau » 21 avr. 2012, 20:36

The XU5JAZ sold in Scandinavian countries for example was US-83 certified since all Z engines from PSA were US-83 certified. You talk about the XU5 which was sold in Germany (there you could choose between 3 engines: pulsair, cat and non-cat). In Switzerland, it's a special case since the first GTIs sold in 1987 only had the XU9J1. The same happened with the top of the range models and the Green Katalysator model too which received the J1.
Rejoignez notre association et bénéficiez d'avantages sur les pièces détachées - Join us and enjoy great deals on any part you want!

Ace_Rimmer
Membre GL
Membre GL
Modèle(s) 309 : XLD,XSI

Message par Ace_Rimmer » 23 avr. 2012, 14:48

I think the sticker on the car was CH,meaning the car was at least also registered in Switzerland.
Anway,i was able to reconnect the wires in the engine bay,at least most of them,thanks to you guys and Alergeau :amen:
Didnt knew before that every cable has its number on begining and on the end of it.

Im fighting on 3 battlefields now -peugeot 406 needs a new hydraulic cylinder,peugeot 309 xld needs also few parts and this XS needs a whole lot of work :-/
Its ok ::d

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT

Message par alargeau » 23 avr. 2012, 15:31

Repair first your daily drive. The 309 SX is a project you can postpone or pursue when you have time and money. But you should probably have a good look at the body to see if it has got rust. You should also put it somewhere dry for storage or put a protection on it otherwise it'll go fast...
Rejoignez notre association et bénéficiez d'avantages sur les pièces détachées - Join us and enjoy great deals on any part you want!

Ace_Rimmer
Membre GL
Membre GL

Message par Ace_Rimmer » 23 avr. 2012, 20:21

I know,406 is the boss.,daily drive.

XS has alot of rust on it,rear wheels arch,side skirts,you know,the usual spots ::d
Ill post some pictures more when i come home.

Ace_Rimmer
Membre GL
Membre GL

Message par Ace_Rimmer » 01 mai 2012, 14:44

I have found a number on the block engine,since the alternator is down,it can clearly be seen.
the number is 1CW24 00391.
Can anybody tell me whats the meening of this number?

Also,i was planing to go on local junkyard,there are 3 pugs 309,but mk2,so i think (one of them is really stuck in sandwich)
Can i put rear axe on XS from any other 309,even mk2? are they compatibile?

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT

Message par alargeau » 01 mai 2012, 15:38

The number must be the engine serial number I assume.

As for the rear axle, you can take one from a phase 2, that's no problem, but don't take one from a base model such as GL for instance because they're different. Take one from a 309 that has an engine which has quite the same performance as yours.

Ace_Rimmer
Membre GL
Membre GL

Message par Ace_Rimmer » 01 mai 2012, 21:24

This is the XLD 309,the diesel one,i have circled it in red the place where it leaks.Now ,i dont know much about mechanics,what can i do with this,i see it drops water so i thought of opening this,the hoose connections are good,no water leakage there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have stripped the XSi from almoust everything,keeping the pieces in the garages.Also rear side panel,roof,and some other minor things to pull down.As you can se,rust is under the rear seats (water coming from rear,somewhere near the stoplights)
This one had quite a good equipment,seats are sporty,lots of interrior lights (even small light behind in boot),boot had leather like side panels,rear windows opening,tinted lights..etc.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was reading on this forum yesterday those Brochures&Manuals,apsolutly amazing idea to put that documents on the net,founded a lot of informations about XS and XLD.
Also,to a guy like me,who likes peugeot,especially 309,those files are very handy :super:

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT

Message par alargeau » 02 mai 2012, 09:32

Wow your XS is blue!! :coeur:

Kesslfligga
Membre SR
Membre SR
Modèle(s) 309 : GTi16/GTi/405 Mi16

Message par Kesslfligga » 02 mai 2012, 20:46

Hello,

first of all, the second one ( the stripped XS ), is this topaz-blue, or is it just looking blue on the pics? If it´s topaz than only because of this fact you should give this 309 a chance. :)
What a graet colour on the 309 ( in the long list of great colours for a 309, ming, miami, white, black, gold, ..... :hehe: )

Never seen a XS with that engine, where are you from?

Greetz
Matthias

309 rulez
309 GTi16`91 205000KM miami, D6C
309 GTi16`93 160800KM grey, eng. redone
309 GTi 1,9l`91 222020KM grey, gets ripped
309 GTi 1,9l`91 255000KM white, good cond.
309 GR 1,4l `90 42247KM gold, top cond.

Ace_Rimmer
Membre GL
Membre GL

Message par Ace_Rimmer » 02 mai 2012, 22:48

Yep,this is blue color.
light blue.
well,to set things straight,my dad bought it for 50 euros from some guy.It was ment to be a donor car for our XLD.
The car was in bad shape,we tried to run it but the engine would barely work,due to the probably few years of no activity.
Previous owner said it was a car for some construction workers who really didnt pay attention to the car.
Then my dad start dismanteling the car,rear axle went to the xld,plastcis around the steering wheel,seats,and a few other things.
Now im in command of both 309s :frime:
Every person says i should give it in junkyard but i just didnt had the heart for it.
So,i stripped it down,most of the pieces are stored in garage.
Im having problems with my daily drive so the XS is waiting better days but i wount give it away.
Im poor with the mechanical knowledge so i must organise help :cote:
The more i look at it the more i want to see him rolling on the road again ::d
This XS is probably bought in Switzerland,and brought here,in Croatia,where i am.

Ace_Rimmer
Membre GL
Membre GL

Message par Ace_Rimmer » 02 mai 2012, 23:04

http://issuu.com/lamicale309/docs/ch_-_1987_-_3_portes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i belive this is my XS

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT

Message par alargeau » 03 mai 2012, 12:07

When your XS will look as in the brochure, I'll buy it from you!! :mrgreen:
Matthias is right, you should definitely give it a chance. Don't put this very rare car (and colour) to the junkyard or god will be mad. :diable: :hehe:

Ace_Rimmer
Membre GL
Membre GL

Message par Ace_Rimmer » 03 mai 2012, 16:54

Don't put this very rare car (and colour) to the junkyard or god will be mad. :diable: :hehe:

hahahah :hehe: ,dont worry,i wount.
I ll give my best to rebuild it as it once was.

Ace_Rimmer
Membre GL
Membre GL

Message par Ace_Rimmer » 10 juin 2012, 14:52

Just to say,prices of gas and diesel are going high,politicans always talk sh..t so i turn to alternative gas....french fries oil ::d

yep,my 309 diesel is now going on mixture of diesel and filtered french fries oil.
It goes well,and the smell from exhaust behind is so so so mcdonalds :hehe:

alargeau
ADHÉRENT
ADHÉRENT

Message par alargeau » 11 juin 2012, 16:09

So where do you collect the oil then?

Répondre